Being Real And Alive
I have been thinking a lot lately about what it means to be and feel "real and alive." We all long in some way to feel real and alive. Many students that I have worked with often have gone to things that cause themselves pain or cause other people pain. I do the same thing. I'm not a "cutter," or anything like that but I seek out pain for myself and others often in search of that feeling of being real and alive. It's weird that pain causes those feelings, it's weirder that we seek out other's pain to feel that way. I would like to share some different things that make me feel real and alive that don't cause me or others pain. These are the things that I will try to do and to think about when I am looking for that feeling of being real and alive:- eating lunch with Kim at her hospital
- going for walks with Kim
- throwing the frisbee to Bailey and going for runs with him
- talking with my brother and engaging in conversations with him and my parents
- surfing with Drew (my brother)
- being creative
- spending time with students in our youth ministry
- "partaking in the eucharist" (taking communion)
- watching movies with Kim and sitting by the fire
- playing guitar
- riding my longboard skateboard (more on this later)
- hiking, backpacking, being outside, running, etc.
- journaling, writing
- taking Kim on a date
- looking at pictures of my beautiful and smiley wife
- spending time with good friends
- cold air on my face, driving the car with the windows rolled down
- listening to music
That's it for now.

1 Comments:
I have to admit that often, several of the things I listed do cause pain (pretty much only to me though). Like running for instance, today I ran with a couple of my friends on a "wild desert" run and I thought I was going to die, I feel good now though.
11:14 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home